Carb Loading is NOT My Fave

Happy Thursday! It is FRIGID here today. I’m talking ‘high of 15 degrees with a negative wind chill’ frigid. Yuck! When I woke up this morning, my weather app told me to go to the gym instead of run outside.

Yes, I’ve powered through worse during these past few months, but when it feels like -10 degrees and the wind is blowing that hard, it’s just not worth it…especially during my taper week! So I headed out to the gym to complete my easy 3 miles for the day. I did some intervals – 2 minutes at a 8:15 pace, 2 minutes recovery at a 10 min pace – and that helped the time fly by on the dreaded treadmill.

Once I got to work this morning, the carbo-loading began. To be perfectly honest, it’s not that exciting and I’m not feeling so hot from it. I thought I would love it, but it’s really not my fave. At all…This is what I’ve had so far today.

IMG_3136Breakfast! Which was followed by a snack of cinnamon graham crackers (not pictured).

IMG_3137Then this stuff! Donated by a kind coworker. It was tasty and helps the immune system + 14g of carbs, so I was thankful for their gift.

IMG_3140Lunch! Whole wheat bagel + some fettucine Lean cuisine. I also stole some of Nick’s guacamole and had it some tortilla chips. Don’t tell him though. 🙂

After that lunch, my tummy has been slowly expanding the rest of this afternoon (probably from the alfredo sauce….oops). I know it’ll pass as the gluten and carbs digest, but it’s definitely not been the most pleasant experience so far! I’m just thankful for my run this morning. Exercise makes my tummy hungry. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to stomach this much food.

I’ve decided that I will continue with my ‘carb-o-thon’ through dinner tomorrow night, but my heaviest meal tomorrow will be lunch. Dinner will be eaten late with Nick’s family, and I don’t want to wake up Saturday morning still trying to digest my food from the night before. So I’ll try to keep my helpings of spaghetti and bread fairly small tomorrow evening!

Sickness Be-Gone!

Today, I’ve still felt a little icky with a sore throat and a runny nose, so during lunch I grabbed some meds to get me through the day.

IMG_3143And also two little Halos for a citrus + vitamin C kick. (Ignore Mac….he’s doing doggie yoga in the background!)

IMG_3141It all seems to be helping this afternoon! Hopefully the Zicam will work and at least keep me from feeling any worse through the weekend. I’m not sick yet, but I definitely feel like it could hit at any moment. Lots of hand sanitizer and orange juice for me until Sunday!

In other news, I came across our professional photos from the Diva Dash 5K today!

Can you spot Rikki and I? Look for the pink tutus on the right-hand side. Good luck.

Tonight will consist of last minute packing (though most of it got done last night!) and teaching Jazzercise at 6:45. This will be my last class before the race, so we will be taking it easy so we don’t kill my quads pre-race. I’ll try to have a little fun though….it’s my last class until Monday AM!

Have a great night, and I will see you all tomorrow before we head off to STL!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s