Anxious to Race

Happy Friday! We’re almost to the weekend again. Woot!

So last night I was having major stress and anxiety as I finished up my laundry and packing for this weekend’s race. At this point, I’m just anxious to race! I’m thankful I had my Jazzercise class in the middle of the evening to help me focus on something else for a bit. I have lots of clothing options packed, so I know I’ll be set for Saturday morning. I’m still nervous that I’ve forgotten something important though. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  I have my outfits, shoes, compression socks, gels, and water bottle packed. Those are my essentials, and they will get me through my hilly 13.1 miles tomorrow AM!

This morning I tried to sleep in, but my mind was anxious for me to be awake around 5:30. I also wanted to get into work early today so I can leave early to load up the car, so I decided to just get up and start my day. No workout today! So I made it to work by 7 AM which is a miracle! Now I can leave early guilt-free and get my ‘ducks in a row’ before we hit the road.

Breakfast was nice and carby today. Some thick Greek yogurt and oatmeal + a banana were on the menu this morning. The banana was overripe and the oatmeal looked gross, so I decided photographs weren’t necessary. ๐Ÿ™‚

A Clif Bar sufficed as my carbolicious snack this AM. Did you know those delicious little bars have 43 grams of carbs in them?! Holy smokes, they pack a punch.

IMG_3146Remember how I was feeling icky yesterday? Well the lovely people from CVS pharmacy must’ve known, and I got a free sample of Airborne in the mail last night!

IMG_3144I was so excited. I took one of them right away and the other 3 tablets this morning. I must say, they tasted a little funky, but they weren’t too bad for being full of vitamins.

IMG_3145Hopefully they give my immune system a nice little kick today to push this sinus stuff out of my head! No sore throat today – just some sinus pressure and a runny nose. I feel great otherwise, so I’ll take it. ๐Ÿ™‚

On my lunch break today, I walked Mac and double-checked that I had everything packed.

IMG_3147My tiny suitcase is about 90% loaded with running apparel and the other 10% with everyday clothes. I may end up wearing running tights and tennis shoes all weekend, but at least I will be comfy!

I checked the weather one more time this morning. Tomorrow’s forecast for STL is looking good, minus the wind!

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 11.43.44 AM
I’m hoping for a temp right around 30 degrees with some sunshine. And hopefully the wind will have some mercy. Especially on the hills. Fingers crossed.

Okay, I’m headed out in a couple hours (I’m anxious – can you tell?!). I hope you all enjoy your evening and the weekend! I will check in with my results as soon as I get a quick second. See you all after the 13.1!


2 thoughts on “Anxious to Race

Leave a Reply to cheryltruett Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s